Sorry- I ate this one before realizing it might have been photo worthy
1-2 fresh eggs, organic free range if possible
1 bunch ramp, stem diced (no bulb)
5-10 leaves of kale
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp lemon zest
1 stick butter
1-2tbsp crushed nuts (hazelnuts or pine nuts are particularly good)
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cider vinegar
1. Steam or boil beets until very soft, ~30 minutes, clean skin
2. Make ramp butter: mix softened butter with ramp, lemon zest, honey, and some salt to taste.
3. Puree and blend: In food processor or blender, adding salt, nuts (optional), black pepper, paprika, and ¼-1/3 of total ramp butter (~2-3 tbsp)
4. Steam kale briefly: 5 minutes max, drain
5. Toss Kale with olive oil and vinegar
6. Poach egg: heat water (with water level 2 inches high) 2 pinches of salt and a drizzle of vinegar in a small pot on medium heat. When you can see steam rising, well before it begins boiling, crack an egg into a bowl and gently empty into the water, lower heat to medium low. If you want to poach more eggs, crack into bowl separately and make sure to put them in different parts of the pot. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes, removing eggs with slotted spoon 2 minutes after the yolk is not visible the white pouch has full developed around the yolk.
7. Serve egg over beets with kale, garnish with sea salt and pepper.