Recipe adapted from Rozanne Gold’s Radically Simple
2-3 large garlic cloves, peeled, divided/1 tbsp minced garlic
3 sticks of scallion, chopped (1/3 cup)
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or sherry
2 inch piece of peeled fresh ginger
2 tsp sugar or honey
1 tsp Asian sesame oil
1 tsp chili-garlic sauce (or sriracha)
4 6 oz skinless salmon fillets
1 tbsp coconut oil, grapeseed, or safflower oil
1/4 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Turn on broiler on “hi” setting
- Use a blender, magic bullet or food processor to mix garlic, scallion, soy sauce, rice wine ginger, sugar, sesame oil, chili sauce
- Mix marinade and salmon in a zip lock bag, seal bag and shake around to expose salmon to marinade.
- After 10-20 minutes at room temp., remove salmon from bag, pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush high smoke point oil (coconut, grapeseed, safflower) onto the salmon
- Broil until center is medium rare, about 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness (8min for 1cm, 12 for 2+ cm thickness)
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Sprinkle some sesame seeds. Great with Soba noodles and bok choy.